"A Lasting World.....is Just Within Reach."
A Lasting World Inc. (ALW) is a non-for-profit organization that launched on Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2001. ALW's cofounders met because of a shared admiration for an organization with a special environmental mission and focus. ALW is a strong and active grassroots environmental organization with a worldwide membership of over 100 individuals. A Lasting World Inc. set goals and objectives standing for all that is good, honest and decent about the Earth, and for all the Earth's inhabitants. A Lasting World Inc. is an IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-for-profit organization.
The mission of A Lasting World Inc. is to educate and inspire people, especially young people, to take positive environmental action at the grassroots level, while promoting long-term care for the Earth. By building self-esteem in young people and helping them achieve their dreams, we believe the entire world will benefit.
Goals and Objectives
1. To provide hands-on environmental activities for youth.
2. To provide individuals and groups with the opportunity to sponsor and empower youth in poverty-stricken areas of the world.
3. To sponsor a holiday giving project for poverty-stricken Appalachian families in Kentucky.
4. To provide environmental education through a monthly on-line newsletter and through an environmental website.
5. To provide fundraising opportunities that promote the environment and that benefit the people of Appalachia, Kentucky.